New to Virtual Teams? Let’s Get You Caught Up
October 18, 2018
Companies are rushing to launch virtual teams throughout their organizations at an increasing rate. Just consider Gallup’s 2017 report “State of the American Workplace,” which revealed that 43 percent of employees worked remotely in 2016, up from 39 percent in 2012. Don’t forget the impact of millennials, as shown in the 2017 Deloitte Millennial Survey which reported that millennials with “flexible locations” is at 64 percent — up 21 percent from 2016.
Are you getting caught up in the explosive growth of virtual teams? If you’re feeling lost or unprepared in this brave new world of virtual work, I’ve got you covered.
Virtual team training is a topic I know very well. As a 20-year training veteran and an industry expert on virtual teams, I’ve conducted the most recent research on virtual team effectiveness and I just released my Virtual Teams for Dummies book. I would love to speak at your next event or conduct a virtual workshop with you and your team. Here are some of the topics to consider:
- The unique issues facing virtual teams vs. traditional teams:
- The top predictors of virtual team success
- The warning signs your organization is NOT ready for virtual teams
- How to create continuous feedback tools to ensure all team members are accountable, responsive and actively working to support the team and its goals
- Key facts to win over virtual team doubters in your organization
- Best practices for training plans for every life stage of your virtual team
- Action plans for developing strong rapport and bringing far-flung teams together if you can’t meet face-to-face
- Traits of a great virtual team leader
This knowledge is vital for leaders and team members in the modern workplace. Give me a call to get started today!